The 67th Cannes Film Festival opened its doors in the French Riviera today and won’t close them until May 25, 2014. As previously reported, most of “The Expendables 3” cast, including Jason Statham, will arrive this Sunday, May 18, 2014 to present brand new footage from the third installment, followed by a press conference and photo call.
While we won’t be able to attend, our awesome Cannes source Brice keeps us in the loop and sent us some fantastic photos from today, which allow us to be part of this exciting annual event.
1. Palais des Festivals – The location of where the films are being presented.
2. The film festival started off with the film “Grace of Monaco,” starring Nicole Kidman and Tim Roth. There was a long line of people waiting to watch the opening film.
4. The TV set of Le Grand Journal (Canal+), hosted by Antoine de Caunes every evening.
5. The Carlton Hotel will welcome “The Expendables 3” cast on Sunday, May 18, 2014, where a press conference and photo call will be held.
6. The Mace beach is open to the public (admission free) and shows a classic film every evening throughout the Cannes Film Festival. You can check the film schedule here. We also came across this interesting article about a program for students, giving them an opportunity to be part of the Cannes Film Festival.
7. The Hôtel Majestic Barrière.
8. Last but not least, a few photos of the hard-working people in Cannes.
We hope you enjoyed our little tour through Cannes and got to know this beautiful city a bit more. Make sure to check back on Sunday as we will live blog “The Expendables 3” event.